Friday, March 6, 2009

The Italian coastline Shot





Arriving into the little village of Barissa just off the Italian coastline, I knew this was the perfect place for me to unwind and relax for a few days after spending to much time in big cities. This place is a very small village in the hills with only 1 shop and 1 restaurant and the mandatory church which rings the bell right on each hour including at ridiculous times of the morning. The few days I spent here were some of my favourite days of the trip so far and was a welcome escape from the hustle and bustle of Rome. While the area is still very heavily touristed this time of year was quite a good time to go as the weather was still perfect yet the summer crowds were long gone. The first day was spent hiking between each village, walking along the cliff faces that lined the bluest ocean ive seen. Each village was the typical Italian style village and it was a good opportunity to see people going about their everyday lives. The hike from one end to the other is only about 14km and is not all that difficult but makes you earn that beer at the end. For the other days of my stay I would get the train to one of the villages and just hang out for the day eating pizza and gelati and just watching the world go by. Saw an amazing sunset on the final day which was the perfect way to end my stay in this beautiful part of the world. Before I finish this entry I have to say that this is a must stop for anyone going to Italy but I think in summer the crowds would be to much to handle and would really take away from the experience. Speaking of crowds im off to Venice for a while before its time to take on the eastern European countries
http://www.travelpod.com/